There’s truly nothing more rewarding than hearing from the recruiter that you’ve landed a phone interview for your dream job. It goes to show that all your hard work and efforts – editing your resume, writing a cover letter, and filling out applications on the web – have paid off. Unfortunately, a few have the skills to leave an impression during the phone screening process. So, how do you make your mark during a phone interview? Here are a few phone interview tips that will help you land the dream job.
Phone Interview Tips
Telephonic Interview Tips
- Know who is calling.
- Read the job description to understand more about the job.
- Research the organization on LinkedIn and other platforms.
- Sit somewhere quiet for the phone interview.
- Use headphones.
- Prepare a list of questions to ask the hiring manager.
- Don’t interrupt the interviewer.
- Send a follow-up thank-you email to the hiring manager.
- Don’t be afraid to ask the recruiter to reschedule if you’re facing technical problems.
- Ask the hiring manager if they have more questions for you.
Employers often choose phone interviews to screen applicants and create a list of potential candidates for the job. A phone interview is a quick way to determine whether an applicant is suitable for the position. It also helps minimize the expense involved in interviewing candidates who stay out of town.
Keep these phone interview tips in mind to land your dream job. Good luck!