When you’re asked, “Why do you want to work here?” or “Why are you interested in this position?” the interviewer is looking for an answer that indicates that you haven’t impulsively emailed your resume just because there is a job opening. The interviewer wants to know if the company or position is truly aligned with your career goals. So when you are confronted with this common interview question, it’s important to consider two things that the interviewer is probably looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Your qualifications for the position: Are you the best person for the job?
- To access your organizational fit: Will you fit the personality of the team and culture of the organization?
In many interviews, the “Why do you want to work here?” question is typically asked during the last round. The interviewer wants to know if the position connects with your passion, and how it’ll help you advance your career goals in a way that also benefits the team and the company.
You must be prepared to flesh out your career goals. The trick here is to limit your response within a minute while also highlighting your skills and passion. Use of honesty, humor or ambiguity by citing reasons such as “I need a job,” or “The pay is great,” won’t exactly increase your chances of landing the job. You must remain focused and professional in your response. If you cannot come up with a reason why the company should hire you, the interviewer probably won’t either.
Tip: It’s not about you – it’s about your relationship with the potential employer and whether or not you’ll fit like a glove in the company culture.
Answers to ‘Why Do You Want to Work’ Here
If you’re wondering how to answer the ‘Why do you want to work here?’ or ‘Why are you interested in this company?’ we have some unique answers. Keep reading to find out more about the best answers to this significant interview question. Some of the answers are generic, while the rest are tailored to the specific industry. You can always combine them to draft your best answer to the question.
- I love to see your constant development of your software and customer care tools. As a user of your products, I’ve learned to prepare better for my work and it certainly improved my entire career until today. That is why I would like to be part of your team.
- Your “About Us’ page showed me that your team is full of young and driven people who are not afraid of failures. We all know that obstacles are part of the business, and we can approach the obstacles if we are well prepared for them.
- I see your market success as a real example of the successful business steps that you took in the previous years of the company’s existence. I want to follow the same path of the successful journey and give my contribution with my experiences and willingness to learn more.
- With so many employees that add value to the company, I believe my teamwork skills would be of great advantage in the years to come.
- I’ve read your employees’ testimonials about the great working atmosphere at the company. I would like to add my contribution to the atmosphere that is well-known as very pleasant.
- According to your recent campaign, I saw that your product orientation is now more on design. With my designing skills, I can further develop your intention to be the leader in the market.
- I’ve heard of your reputation on the market and I wanted to be part of a team that is well-driven and always ready for change. Positive change is what makes you unique.
- I have a friend that works in the accounting sector at your company and he told me that your working culture is very good here. I would like to be part of a company that has such a good atmosphere.
- When I applied for this position and did company research for interview, many people told me that this company is one of the best in the industry.
- I wanted to learn more about management and sales, and I think that your training in these areas is among the best ones among similar companies.
- The work ethics within the company is very good, and I want to be part of it.
- When I searched online for similar jobs, your job post attracted my attention because of the benefits that employees get.
- I like that you offer maternity leave and paid holidays during the year.
- In modern business, it is hard to be a leader in the market. That is why I want to be part of your successful team.
- I would be proud to work for a company with such a strong example of leadership and track record that goes far beyond the others.
- You reward hard work, and I like to deliver excellent work in each task that I have.
- The compensation within your company is good, and I would be able to increase your ROI and increase the paychecks even more.
- My dedication to teamwork and my concentration on the tasks will have a significant impact on the success of the company.
- I would be able to distinguish the company from competitors by applying a modern and dedicated approach in my professional work.
- The innovations that your company applies are very successful. I would like to combine your aspirations and my innovative skills.
- I am always a key player in every team that delivers success. That is why I would like to be part of this successful company.
“Why do you want to work here?” is often asked during behavioral job interviews. Interviewers believe that behavioral questions can predict future success through past experience. When answering these types of questions, you need to be a great story-teller. You may find more behavioral interview questions here.