You may be mortified by being a misfit at workplace, you have nothing in common and people don’t get you. Of course, everyone loves to be different than others, but there is a huge difference between being different and being the odd one out.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
If you are not sure if you are a misfit at workplace or are simply different, here are some hints:
- Misfits only get along with other misfits.
- They try really hard to fit, so as to have a social group or purpose, but they hate it.
- They rebel against traditions and social norms.
- They are always lost in their own world.
- They are more likely to be highly intelligent and sensitive.
- Misfits are fearless, as they have nothing to lose socially.
- They are aware of social suffering – a state of being alone even when you are surrounded by people.
So you are a misfit! You don’t have to be ashamed of it, in fact, it may prove to be beneficial if you are a misfit at workplace. Let’s have a look:
- A lot of successful entrepreneurs are misfits, so instead of trying to fit in, you can go on your own and be one of those startup leaders, who end up earning a lot more than the 6-digit salary.
- You have the courage to stand out alone and the self-confidence that a leader requires to climb the corporate ladder.
- You are more likely to achieve your full potential because you are more self-aware and are not influenced by others.
- You are opinionated and will stick to your opinion even when others in the room are against you.
- You appreciate things and you value opportunities.
- You are a quick learner and you embrace the change.
Not enough? Have a look at the video: