Today’s employers are competing with a labor shortage and skills gaps while racing to adapt to the future of work. In order for companies to identify, assess and hire talent, companies are investing in recruitment strategies to streamline their overall efforts, improve hiring efficiency, and pick up the pace. The real question is: how?
The most important tool in achieving this is a great job description. But it’s easier said than done. In order to accomplish this, you need to be strategic in your hiring process.
Here’s a little online job posting checklist to help you garner as much visibility as possible.
Identify popular keywords to include in the job posting:
- Study competitor’s job postings.
- Review keywords on applicants’ resumes.
- Make use of popular keyword tools.
Create a compelling subject line:
- Stick to industry-standard job titles.
- Add the office location.
Keep the job description short and concise:
- Include an engaging introductory paragraph.
- Make use of bullet points wherever possible.
Include vital job details:
- Include salary range.
- Include benefits and compensation.
- Include a CTA.
- Check the online job posting for grammar and spelling.
- Have a team member review the post.
Share the job posting on social media sites:
- Post on popular platforms include Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Encourage employees to share the company’s job posting on their social media feeds.