Sample verification of employment letter should be in every HR professional’s cabin. Of course, employees often request for their proof of employment to a third party (employment verification letter template), such as a landlord, financial institution or even to another employer. Providing it could become a lot of work if you don’t have a sample verification of employment letter, mostly when you have piles of other human resources needs to handle. The best way is to simply fill already existing and carefully vetted verification of employment letter template / employment verification letter template each time there’s a need to provide the document by your experienced HR Professional.
Request for Verification of Employment Letter
An employment verification letter is a document confirming the employment status of someone with an employer. The document is sometimes required by employees for future employment, credit or mortgage application, or rental application. However, employers must be careful while creating a sample verification employment letter for employees to avoid any potential litigation. They should also ensure that employees receive letters responding to specific needs.
The following reasons why employees request for this document could guide you in creating sample verification of employment letter for your company, though these are not all the reasons.
- When employees are applying for an auto loan or a home mortgage, and the lender wants a confirmation that they have a steady job with enough income to meet up with payment requirements before approving the loan.
- When employees are after an opportunity with another employer and the organization wants to perform background checks by verifying their information.
- When employees are seeking for a loan payment deferral or reduction and the bank wants proof of current income to ascertain if they merit an approval.
- When employees are applying to rent a home and the property management company wants a confirmation they can handle the associated costs such as rent payment, deposit, and maintenance.
Employment Verification Letter Template
Aside from the listed reasons, employees may also need employment verification letter to process immigration applications such as applying for marriage-based green card. If your employee is sponsoring their spouse who is not a US citizen on a marriage green card application, they would need to submit a financial support form to the US Citizenship Immigration Service. Hence, the employment verification letter would prove that the employee has sufficient funding to support the spouse seeking a green card.
While employees may not disclose why they are requesting for an employment verification letter, they are required to state the specific information required by the third party as well as their contact information, and preferred method of delivery.
Verification of Employment Letter – How To Write ?
The document will contain employee’s employment date, employment status, salary information, and or any other information, depending on the needs of the third party and the information your organization can share with third parties. You have no obligation to provide information that could pose a threat to the legality of your business or details that could support litigations or liability.
Here are some tips on how to write verification of employment letter sample and what could be included.
- Use an official business letter format. This requires you to include your organization’s contact information at the top (better still, use your letterhead), the date, and the receiving third party’s contact information (if available). As usual, include salutation while opening the letter and a handwritten signature while closing the letter.
- Be succinct. Employment verification letters do not include information not required by the third party. Hence, they are not lengthy. It’s not a time to evaluate the employee.
- Be sure to include all the information requested. Aside from the information requested by the employee, you are not required to include additional information. Traditionally, verification of employment letter provides the employee’s name, department, sometimes specific job title, and how long they have been employed. Some letters, for instance, may require employers to include the employee’s salary, how many hours they work in a week, and how they are paid (hourly, weekly, biweekly, etc.). You are not to provide such details unless they are requested.
- Provide your contact details. Employers are to supply their contact details should the third party have additional questions. Your contact should also include a phone number and email.
- Proofread and edit your verification of employment letter. Before sending the letter, you are required to carefully proofread the content carefully. The letter could be very important to the employee. Read through for errors and make the letter as professional as possible.
Verification of Employment Letter Template Inclusions
As clearly stated in the previous section, the information to be included depends on what the party has requested as well as the type of information your organization can disclose to third parties. Additionally, you may request that your employee should sign a release form before you can share the requested information to a third party.
Sample employment verification letter may include the following information:
- Name and address of the employer
- Name and address of the company requesting verification
- Name of employee
- Dates of employment
- Employee job title
- Current salary of the employee
How Employees Must Request for Employment Verification Letter
Employees requesting an employment verification letter from a former or current employer must do so professionally. They must first check in with the company’s Human Resources (HR) department to find out about policies regarding the release of such information. They must duly apply officially and often contact the HR should they need the employee’s signature before releasing their employment history to a third party. The employee may also need to consult the HR managers for an empty verification of employment letter template to choose the appropriate template that meets their needs.
Employment Verification Letter Sample & Templates
N/B: please note that your company’s name and address must be written at the top of the letter unless a letterhead is used in writing the verification of employment letter.
123 Incorporated 100 Business Road Brooklyn, NY 11201
June 1, 20XX
Fast Loan Company, LLC 1 Corporate Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11229
To Whom it May Concern,
Please kindly accept this letter as verification of Jane’s employment with the 123 Incorporated.
Name of Employee: Jane Declan Current Job Title: Senior Media Manager Dates of Employment: June 14, 20XX – present Current annual salary: $120,000
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or 718-222-1X1X if you need any additional information.
John Santiago Human Resources Manager 123 Incorporated
Employment Verification Letter Example 2
XYZ Media Company 34 Corporate Road Corporate City, TX 32123
June 21, 20XX
[Name of recipient] [Address of the recipient] [City, state, and ZIP code of the recipient]
RE: Employment verification for John Doe
To Whom It May Concern:
This letter confirms that John Doe has been employed part-time (or full-time) as a web programmer at XYZ Media Company for the past three years [state the number of years]. He was hired on May 14, 20XX. His current annual salary is $64,970.
Please feel free to contact me at 543-234-3X4X [company’s number contact] if you have any questions or require additional information.
John Lee Human Resource Manager XYZ Media Company